Drivers Ed Direct.... the Next Generation of Drivers Ed.
At Drivers Ed Direct, we are revolutionizing the drivers education industry by replacing old cars, dimly-lit sterile classrooms and out-of-touch instructors with engaging,
interactive technology, the most talented instructors in the industry and the latest driver safety curriculum available in order to educate teenagers on the techniques and
responsibilities of driving a car.
At Drivers Ed Direct we believe that putting safety first does not mean putting students' needs last. We do that by:
- Teaching students in a language they understand – using technology and the internet
- Providing door-to-door personalized training. Our drivers ed instructors pick you up and drop you off at your home, school or workplace. Utilizing autos with extra safety equipment such as side & head curtain airbags and vehicle stability control systems.
Offering behind the wheel training in SUV's in addition to passenger cars. Because we understand that many teens will drive an SUV as their first car, we offer specialized training in our hybrid SUV to teach student drivers the special skills and safety issues associated with driving an SUV.
- Exclusively using gas-electric hybrid vehicles; At Drivers Ed Direct our entire fleet of cars and SUV's are hybrid so we are teaching teens driving as well as the importance of social responsibility and caring for the environment.
Did you know?
* Many studies, including an April 2003 California DMV study, show that parents play one of the most important roles during their teen's drivers education training. Drivers Ed Direct has included technology in our program that will DIRECTLY involve parents. We email all parents a progress report on each of their teen's in-car lessons. We also provide parents with recommendations and information on how to better train their teen during the required 50 hours of parent-taught behind the wheel training.
* Recent studies have shown that Internet based drivers training is actually more effective than classroom and workbook courses in keeping students engaged and interested. Drivers Ed Direct uses emerging technology such as interactive, self-paced online training that has been recommended by traffic safety researchers as a preferable alternative to traditional classroom teaching.
* A leading cause of accidents is distracted drivers. Drivers Ed Direct understands that today's drivers are faced with new pressures and distractions such as cell phones, PDA's, iPods and navigation systems so we go above and beyond the mandatory DMV requirements to make sure our students learn the skills they need to drive safely in today's world. All of our driving school vehicles are outfitted with these new technologies to give students the hands-on basics of how to use these devices safely such as pulling over when searching for information or making a phone call.
Find out more information about Drivers Ed Direct from recent news articles discussing our innovative approach towards drivers training.
Drivers Ed Direct holds many local events to promote safe driving and environmental responsibility. Click here to see our team in action.
To verify the status of our DMV license - Click here to visit the official CA DMV site.
Drivers Ed Direct is bonded, insured, & California DMV licensed - DS #E4141.