Ohio Online Drivers Education
Ohio Driver Education Course
- OH DPS-Approved Drivers Ed #1428
- 100% Online - Available 24/7
- Proof of Completion Included
Ohio Online Drivers Ed: Course Details
Why Take Online Drivers Education in Ohio?
Earn a Driver's License: The state of Ohio requires teens under 18 years of age to complete 24 hours of driver's education and 8 hours of driver training with an approved driving instructor plus 50 hours of in-car driver training with a licensed adult in order to apply for an Ohio driver license.
Is this Course Ohio Approved?
Yes! This online course is fully approved by the Ohio Department of Public Safety. OH DPS License #1428-2340.
How Online Drivers Ed Works?
Work at Your Own Pace: If you are a teens that is at least 15 years and five months old, you can enroll and start taking this online course. The program consists of reading, interactive activities, section quizzes and a final exam. You can work at your own pace, log in and out, and your progress will be saved. You will complete a minimum of 24 hours of instruction and you will be able to complete up to 4 hours of training in a single day.
Steps for Completing Ohio Driver Ed Requirement
- If you are 15 years and five months old, register online anywhere you have web access, on any device. Once you are 15 years and six months old you may apply for your Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card (TIPIC) learner's permit.
- Complete the first two hours of the online program to receive a Certificate of Enrollment in the mail. This certificate is used to sign up for a behind-the-wheel training program at a certified driving school.
- Complete the remaining online course material at your own pace. Start and stop as often as you need. Receive your certificate of completion in the mail as proof you have met the driver education requirement.
- Complete 8 hours of driving instruction with a certified driving school, as well as 50 hours (10 hours being at night) of driving with a licensed adult at least 21 years of age.
- Once you are at least 16 years of age and you have held your learner's permit (TIPIC) for at least 6 months, you will be eligible to apply for your driver's license. You can now schedule your drive test at an OH BMV.
Application for Your Ohio Driver Permit and License
Ohio teens at least 15½ can apply for a Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card (TIPIC) at the local OH Deputy Registrar License Agency. You will need to provide proof of Ohio residency, your identity (if you are under 18, you will need a parent or legal guardian present), your social security number, and legal U.S. presence. You will need to pay the applicable BMV fees and then pass a vision test and the written test covering Ohio motor vehicle regulations and traffic signs to receive a Temporary Permit.
With your Temporary Permit (TIPIC) in hand you will need to complete 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training with an certified driving instructor and 50 hours of behind-the-wheel training with a licensed driver 21 years or older, 10 hours of your training must be done at night. Once you are at least 16 and have held your permit for 6 months you can apply for your license. You will need to bring a Fifty Hour Affidavit signed by a parent or guardian, along with your Temporary Permit (TIPIC), Drivers Education Certificate of Completion, and a Vehicle when you go to the BMV to take your road test.
Trusted Course Provider
Drivers Ed Direct has teamed up with American Safety Council to deliver a high quality, simple, and DPS approved drivers education course for Ohio teens. American Safety Council is recognized coast-to-coast as a leading traffic safety organization and online education provider.
Ohio Online Drivers Education Review
- Approval: Ohio Department of Public Safety License #1428-2340
- Eligibility: Ohio Teens at Least 15 Yrs. and 5 Mos. Old
- Certificate: Proof of Enrollment & Completion Included
- Access: From Start to Finish 100% Online
Ohio Online Permit Prep Course: Overview
Why Take Permit Exam Prep in Ohio?
Get Your Temporary Permit: In Ohio, new drivers need to pass a Motor Vehicles and Traffic Signs exam to obtain a Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card which you need to start your in-car training. Our Ohio Permit Prep Course will help you study for your exam so you can pass your first time.
Is this Ohio Driver Education Online Permit Prep Approved?
Yes! It is DPS approved.
How Does Ohio Permit Prep Course Work?
Get Ready to Take Your Test: Our Permit Prep course is designed to prepare you for the written permit exam. The course presents Ohio BMV Handbook material in a user-friendly online format and has practice tests for the Motor Vehicles and Traffic Signs exam. Also, information is provided about scheduling your BMV appointment and prepping the required paperwork.
Trusted Course Provider
Drivers Ed Direct has teamed up with American Safety Council to deliver a high quality, simple, and DPS approved course for Ohio teens. American Safety Council is recognized coast-to-coast as a leading traffic safety organization and online education provider.
Ohio Online Permit Prep Recap
- Approval: Approved by the Ohio DPS
- Eligibility: Ohio First Time Drivers at Least 15 yr. & 5 mo.
- Benefit: Prepare for the DPS Written Test
- Access: 100% Online - Study When and Where You Want